The GDP Handbook contains detailed program information:
To obtain a copy of the handbook click here.
- Program requirements
- Application forms
EXAM / ASSESSMENT TIMETABLE
To view a copy of the exams and assessments timetable click here.
Final Examination in General Dental Practice
Structure of the Final Examination
The Final Examination is an assessment of clinical and theoretical knowledge in an
experiential context, over a broad base of general dental practice. The level of expectation is
specifically set at the experienced general practitioner level and not the specialist level.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate a greater breadth of knowledge about general
dental practice and a greater depth of knowledge about specialist dental practice than the
average general dental practitioner.
Upon successful completion of the Final Examination, candidates are eligible for Fellowship in General Dental Practice. The use of the post-nominals FRACDS(GDP) is granted, which confers international credibility. Fellowship is a prestigious achievement and recognition of knowledge and skills to practice clinical dentistry to the highest standards.
The Final Examination comprises both written papers and a viva voce.
The Final Exam focus is on the candidate’s ability to effectively communicate knowledge which demonstrates they can:
- Make informed clinical assessment and analysis
- Consider a diagnosis with evidence of the application of diagnostic or surgical sieves and the selection of appropriate treatment modalities
- Demonstrate the ability to justify the management options with reference to current literature and evidence based practice.
How to apply
You will need to first subscribe to the College and then submit the below enrolment form.
Find out all you need to know about General Dental Practice pathways in the GDP Handbook or access the Frequently Asked Questions about General Dental Practice.
|Fellowship - General Dental Practice (GDP)
1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017 Fees (in AUD)
|Final examination workshop
|Final examination web based education program
|for the January 2018 exam, refer to 2018 Schedule of Fees
|Admission to Fellowship
|Annual fee (FY 01/07/16 to 30/06/17)
|Annual fee (FY 01/07/17 to 30/06/18)
- Fees marked with asterisk (*) denote GST inclusive. Fees marked with pound/hash (#) denote GST free.
- The final examination workshop will be held over three (3) days.
- The annual fee is payable on the 1st day of July each year. All unpaid annual fees by the 31st of August each year will attract a monthly late payment surcharge. Members or Fellows who are elected to Membership or Fellowship during the year will pay a pro rata annual fee based on the whole months remaining in the financial year (FY).
- For more information, please refer to the RACDS General Dental Practice (GDP) Handbook and other relevant policies (including refunds) which are available on the website.
Whilst all due care is taken to ensure that all information contained herein is correct at the time of publication, the RACDS makes no warranties in respect of inadvertent errors or omissions. The RACDS reserves the right to revise these fees and other information from time to time, as well as amend the dates of examinations, courses and workshops whenever conditions warrant. Where these activities are cancelled or postponed, a full refund of the fee will be issued. The RACDS however takes no responsibility for any other costs incurred by the candidate in this regard.